- Domestic box office gross: $24,146,161.
- Foreign box office gross: $24,957,008.
- Domestic box office rank among all documentaries (since 1982): Fourth.
- Theatrical release date in United States: May 24, 2006.
- Widest release: 587 theaters.
- Academy Awards: Two (Best Documentary and Best Achievement in Music Written for Motion Pictures, Original Song).
- Grammy Nominee: Best song written for motion picture, television or other visual media: "I Need to Wake Up," Melissa Etheridge.
- 50,000 copies were given to U.S. teachers via the Web site Participate.net between Dec. 18, 2006, and Jan. 18, 2007.
- The DVD was ranked second (Oct 12, 2007) on Amazon.com's Movers & Shakers list (citing the biggest gainers in sales over the previous 24 hours).
Sources : Boxofficemojo.com and Imdb.com